Monday, May 19, 2014

Download photos from Facebook- a mini tutorial

My family is spread out all over the place, so I keep up with their lives on Facebook. My sister is really great at taking photos of my parents, since she upgraded to an iPhone, and I just don't have enough photos of them. On Mother's Day, she shared this photo of them after their Mother's Day brunch.


(I've blurred out the identifiers... and my sisters name is pronounced Ray-kah, not Rick-ee)
My dad paid the bill. He drives my mom nuts with this sorta twisted humor. 

I knew wanted a copy of these photos, but there is no need to wait for an email or other file transfer. All you need to do is click on the image you want, click on options and select 'download'. See this handy screen shot: 

How to download photos shared with you on Facebook for your layouts | Digiscrap Geek |

Facebook assigns some crazy, numeric file name to a photo, so you'll want to rename the file in the dialog box that pops up (which I hope you've set, if not, check you downloads folder for the crazily named file). Hit 'save' and you're done.

Facebook won't give you the highest quality image because it compresses photos, understandably. You are at the mercy of the photographer: camera, settings, upload settings. BUT, worst case scenario is you have 3 or 4 inch photos at dpi you can print.

I did some quick editing (because my sister doesn't). In the end, here's what I did with my sister's photos:

Download photos from Facebook- a mini tutorial | Digiscrap Geek | Good Idea... by Carrie Arick

Just make sure you have permission to download and use the photos. If you aren't sure, ask. 

  
 photo 2faeb505-33f5-4d99-8a21-43b16f7025a3.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thanks for taking the time to comment. It is appreciated ♥